I’m proposing to create a community owned treasury for managing community donations.
As many of you know there was no Presale, Premine or anything similar. Thats why we’re faced with the problem to support the project financially. There are certain initiatives that require capital. The latest example was the Solidity finance audit (Kangal Token Audit - Solidity Finance) which the core team has paid from their own pocket.
Moving forward there will be more activities with regards to marketing, ecosystem, partnerships, technical development, product development, design and many more that require funds.
Whats the benefit of donating?
I propose a set of benefits to donors:
At some point there should be an NFT that is unique and distributed to the donors wallets only. There won’t be any other version to this special NFT. The number of minted tokens must equal the number of unique donor wallets.
Exclusive $heep staking
Donor wallets secure the right to stake $heep prior to opening the staking contract to the public. This pre-staking of $heep will only last for a limited time. The early reward however will be designed so that the early stakers are rewarded with a multiple/boost compared to the regular staking afterwards.
You can think of this as follows (example):
- Donor wallets can stake exclusively for 30 days (duration to be determined)
- In the first 30 days there will be a 2.5x staking boost (boost to be determined)
- On day 31 the contract will open to any Kangal holders (again day to be determined)
Its important to point a few things out:
- There won’t be a presale. This is a community effort we’re not selling anything, we are creators by the community for the community.
- We are not making decisions. We are just serving the community and proposing certain things. Eventually the community decides and needs to vote.
Although its desired that most of these resulting actions happen on-chain I suggest we speed up a few things in this case. If the community agrees, lets create a single Snapshot proposal that captures all the below: